The Stone Crabs needed ten innings to walk-off in game one of Wednesday night’s doubleheader against the Fort Myers Miracle.
Fort Myers wasn’t bothered to see rehabbing ace Matt Moore on the hill to start the night. The Miracle pushed across a pair of runs off Moore on a two run double by Bryan Haar to take an early 2-0 lead.
The Stone Crabs cut the lead in half by scoring in the bottom of the first. Dayron Varona singled to center and then moved to third following a double by Kean Wong. Varona would later score on an RBI single by Willy Adames to make it 2-1.
The Miracle extended their lead back to two runs in the top of the fifth. Niko Goodrum led off the inning with a double to right. Goodrum would score on a single by Alex Swim to give them a 3-1 lead.
The Stone Crabs rallied in the bottom of the seventh to tie the game and force extra innings. Granden Goetzman and Maxx Tissenbaum delivered back to back singles to put the tying run on the bases. Braxton Lee would drive both runners home on a single to center to tie the game.
Fort Myers tried to put the game away in the top of the tenth. A double by Mitch Garver scored Engelb Vielma to give the Miracle a slim lead.
But the Stone Crabs rallied in the home half of the tenth to grab the win. Wong and Adames singled and an intentional walk to Jake Bauers loaded the bases. Pat Blair reached on an error to score Wong to tie the game. Adames was then cut down at the plate trying to score the winning run on a ground ball by Goetzman. Yoel Araujo plated the winning run on a line drive to left, scoring Bauers to give the Stone Crabs the 5-4 walk-off win.
Kyle McKenzie picked up the win and improved to 3-1 on the season.
- Dayron Varona (RF): 2 for 5 with a run scored
- Kean Wong (2B): 2 for 5 with a double and a run scored
- Willy Adames (SS): 2 for 5
- Jake Bauers (DH): 1 for 4 with a walk and a run scored
- Pat Blair (3B): 1 for 5 with an RBI
- Granden Goetzman (LF): 1 for 5 with a run scored
- Maxx Tissenbaum (DH): 1 for 2 with a walk
- Yoel Araujo (PR-DH): 1 for 2 with an RBI and a run scored
- Armando Araiza (C): 0 for 2 with a walk
- Braxton Lee (CF): 1 for 4 with 2 RBI’s
- Matt Moore: 2 unearned runs on 2 hits with 3 walks and 2 strikeouts in 2 1/3 innings
- Isaac Gil: 2/3 scoreless inning with a hit
- Taylor Guerrieri: 1 run on 5 hits with 3 strikeouts and a walk in 2 2/3 inning
- Eduar Quinonez: 2 1/3 scoreless inning with a strikeouts and a hit
- Kyle McKenzie (Win, 3-1): 1 run on 2 hits with 2 strikeouts in 2 innings