The Stone Crabs were swept by the Bradenton Marauders as they were shut-out 5-0 on Sunday afternoon at LECOM Park. Stone Crabs pitchers surrendered three home runs resulting in their fourth loss of the season.
Bradenton got on the scoreboard in the first inning. Cole Tucker singled to lead off the inning and later scored on a wild pitch to give them a 1-0 lead.
The Marauders increased their lead to 2-0 on a solo home run by Kevin Krause in the second inning.
Bradenton doubled their lead in the fourth. Logan Hill tripled to right to lead off the inning. Then Krause delivered his second homer of the afternoon, a two run shot to make it 4-0.
Bradenton collected their fifth and final run in the sixth on a solo blast by Hill to give the Stone Crabs a 5-0 loss.
Michael Velasquez took the loss for the Stone Crabs. Taylor Hearn was the winning pitcher for Bradenton.
The Stone Crabs return to Charlotte Sports Park in search of their first win of 2017 as they welcome the Palm Beach Cardinals to Port Charlotte. Eduar Lopez will get the ball in the series opener on Monday facing off against Jake Woodford for Palm Beach.
- Jake Fraley (CF): 1 for 4
- Jake Cronenworth (SS): 2 for 4
- Brett Sullivan (C): 1 for 4
- Kevin Padlo (3B): 0 for 4
- Ryan Boldt (DH): 0 for 3
- David Olmedo-Barrera (1B): 0 for 2 with a walk
- Nathan Lukes (LF): 1 for 3 with a double
- Brandon Lowe (2B): 0 for 2 with a walk
- Angel Moreno (RF): 0 for 3
- Michael Velasquez (Loss, 0-1): 5 runs on 7 hits with a strikeout and a walk in 5 1/3 innings
- Ian Gibaut: 2 2/3 scoreless innings with a hit and 4 strikeouts