The GCL Rays watched an early lead disappear as they lost to the GCL Twins on Tuesday afternoon at CenturyLink Sports Complex in Fort Myers.
The Rays scored first in the second inning. Devin Davis led off the inning with a double to center. He later scored on a fielding error to give the Rays a 1-0 lead.
The Twins tied the game in the bottom of the third.
The Rays bounced back and regained the lead again in the fourth. Once again it was Davis getting it start, this time with a single to center. Davis moved to third on a single by Jovany Felipe. An RBI single by Juan Rodriguez would score Davis. Felipe later scored on a ground ball by Oscar Rojas to give the Rays a 3-1 lead.
But the lead did not last long as the Twins tied the game once again in the bottom of the fourth.
The game remained tied until the eighth inning when the Twins struck for four runs to hand the Rays a 7-3 loss.
Sam Triece was charged with the loss for the Rays.
The series heads back to Charlotte for the third game on Wednesday afternoon.
- Oscar Rojas (RF): 0 for 4 with an RBI
- Adrian Rondon (SS): 0 for 3 with a walk
- Juan Carlos Arias (3B): 1 for 3
- Gilbert Marrero (1B): 0 for 4
- Devin Davis (DH): 2 for 4 with a double and 2 runs scored
- Rafelin Lorenzo (C): 0 for 1
- Jovany Felipe (PH-C): 2 for 2
- Samm Wiggins (C): 0 for 1
- Juan Rodriguez (2B): 1 for 4 with an RBI and a run scored
- Miguel Hernandez (LF): 0 for 4
- Jaime Ayende (CF): 0 for 3 with a walk
- Yael Regaldo: 1 no-hit inning with 2 strikeouts
- Jeffry Done: 3 runs on 4 hits with 3 walks and 2 strikeouts in 4 innings
- Herminio Germoso: 1 scoreless inning with a hit and a strikeout
- Sam Triece (Loss, 0-1): 3 runs on 1 hit and 3 walks in 1/3 inning
- Matt LeVert: 1 run on 1 hit in 2/3 inning