A seven run third inning would be the streak stopper, lifting the Stone Crabs to a 7-4 win over the Clearwater Threshers and ending both the Stone Crabs losing streak and the Threshers winning streak.
Clearwater took the lead first by scoring in the top of the second. With the bases loaded, Angelo Mora reached on an error, scoring Chace Numata and giving the Threshers a 1-0 lead.
But then came the huge third inning in which the Stone Crabs would send twelve hitters to the plate and walk away with seven runs. The first run of the inning came on a Kean Wong RBI single that scored Armando Araiza. Then Casey Gillaspie made his presence known on Charlotte as he delivered a bases clearing grand slam, his first home run as a Stone Crab. Then later in the inning another Stone Crab newcomer went yard as Jace Conrad struck a two run shot to give the Stone Crabs a 7-1 lead.
Clearwater added some home run power of their own in the fifth. Rhys Hoskins struck a three run homer to make it 7-4.
Nobody else would push across a run the remainder of the afternoon as the Stone Crabs cruised to a 7-4 win.
Buddy Borden picked up the win and Josh Kimborowicz notched a save. Matt Imhof was the losing pitcher for Clearwater.
- John Jaso (DH): 1 for 4
- Kean Wong (2B): 1 for 4 with an RBI and a run scored
- Willy Adames (SS): 0 for 2 with 2 walks and a run scored
- Casey Gillaspie (1B): 1 for 4 with a grand slam
- Marty Gantt (LF): 0 for 3 with a walk and a run scored
- Jace Conrad (3B): 1 for 4 with a 2-run homer
- Armando Araiza (C): 0 for 4
- Braxton Lee (CF): 1 for 2 with 2 walks and a run scored
- Yoel Araujo (RF): 0 for 3
- Taylor Guerrieri: 1 unearned run on 4 hits with 5 strikeouts and a walk in 4 innings
- Buddy Borden (Win, 8-3): 3 runs on 1 hit with 4 walks and a strikeout in 2 innings
- Isaac Gil (Hold, 2): 1 no-hit inning
- Kyle McPherson (Hold, 1): 1 no-hit inning
- Josh Kimborowicz (Save, 2): 1 no-hit inning with a strikeout