The GCL Rays were shut-out by the GCL Orioles 4-0 on Saturday morning in Port Charlotte.
The Rays threatened in the first following a triple by Adrian Rondon, but a strikeout and ground out ended the inning and stranded him at first.
Both clubs exchanged scoreless innings until the fifth when the Orioles broke the scoreless tie to take a 1-0 lead.
The Rays threatened again in the seventh. Juan Carlos Arias doubled to left and later moved to third on a bunt single by Ty Morrison. Arias then tried to score on a ground ball by Blair Beck but was thrown out at the plate to end the threat.
The Orioles scored two more in the eighth and another in the ninth to hand the Rays the 4-0 loss.
Orlando Romero was charged with the loss for the Rays.
The Rays are off on Sunday before beginning a four game series against the GCL Twins on Monday.
- Oscar Rojas (RF): 0 for 4
- Adrian Rondon (SS): 1 for 4 with a triple
- Juan Carlos Arias (3B): 1 for 4 with a double
- Ty Morrison (CF): 1 for 4
- Rafelin Lorenzo (DH): 0 for 3
- Blair Beck: 0 for 3
- Blake Grant-Parks (1B): 0 for 3
- Jovany Felipe (C): 0 for 1
- Samm Wiggins (C): 1 for 2
- Cody Semler (2): 0 for 2
- Sandy Brito: 2 scoreless innings with a hit and 3 strikeouts
- Ian Kendall: 2 no-hit innings with 2 strikeouts
- Orlando Romero (Loss, 0-1): 3 runs on 6 hits with 4 strikeouts and a walk in 3 2/3 innings
- Matt LeVert: 1 unearned run on 1 hit with a walk in 2/3 inning
- Herminio Germoso: 2/3 no-hit inning with a strikeout