The GCL Rays fell to 0-2 on the new season following an 8-0 shut-out loss to the GCL Red Sox on Tuesday afternoon at JetBlue Park.
The Red Sox scored in all but two innings while holding the Rays scoreless with four hits.
The Rays put runners in scoring positon on four different occasions but failed to find a way to score.
The GCL Rays hosted Kyle McPherson and Ty Morrison on rehab assignments today. McPherson who is recovering from an elbow injury pitched an inning. Morrison is coming off Tommy John surgery and started in left field and played the whole game.
McPherson suffered the loss for the Rays.
The four game series shifts to Port Charlotte for game three.
- Oscar Rojas (RF): 0 for 4
- Adrian Rondon (SS): 0 for 2 with 2 walks
- Ty Morrison (LF): 1 for 4 with a stolen base
- Juan Carlos Arias (3B): 1 for 4
- Juan Rodriguez (2B): 0 for 3 with a walk
- Rafelin Lorenzo (C): 1 for 4
- Gilbert Marrero (1B): 1 for 4 with a double
- Jovany Felipe (DH): 0 for 2 with a walk
- Jaime Ayende (CF): 0 for 3
- Kyle McPherson (Loss, 0-1): 1 unearned run on 1 hit with a strikeout
- Jose Disla: 3 1/3 innings with 1 unearned run with 1 strikeout and 5 walks
- Hermino Germoso: 2 runs in 1 hit with 5 walks and 2 strikeouts in 1 2/3 innings
- Bryan Bonnell: 4 runs on 3 hits in 2 innings