The Stone Crabs offense return to the field as they collected sixteen hits in an 11-5 trouncing of the Dunedin Blue Jays on Tuesday night at Florida Auto Exchange Stadium. Every hitter in the lineup recoreded a hit and all but two hitters had multiple hits.
The Stone Crabs grabbed the lead in the first inning. Braxton Lee led off the game with a line drive single to center. He would score on a double by Jake Bauers to give the Stone Crabs a 1-0 lead.
The Stone Crabs then orchestrated a five run fourth inning to take a commanding lead. An RBI double by Granden Goetzman, a two run single by Yoel Araujo, a sac fly by Kean Wong and an RBI single by Willy Adames would plate the runs and give the Stone Crabs a 6-0 lead.
The Stone Crabs struck again in the seventh. Pat Blair doubled home Tissenbaum. Blair then scored on a single by Armando Araiza to increase the lead to 8-0.
Goetzman gave the Stone Crabs another run in the top of the eighth as he single home Lee to make it 9-0.
Dunedin put up a fight in the bottom of the eighth inning. They struck for five runs and pulled to within four runs of the lead.
But the Stone Crabs posted a couple insurance runs in the ninth on a two-run homer by Yoel Araujo to give the Stone Crabs the 11-5 victory.
Matt Moore pitched four scoreless inning in his second rehab appearance before turning the mound over to Taylor Guerrieri who would notch the win. The win was Guerrieri’s first of the season. Jeff Ames picked up a save.
The series continue with game two on Wednesday afternoon at Florida Auto Exchange Stadium. Buddy Borden (6-2, 2.16) will get the daytime start against Jeremy Gabryszwski (3-3. 3.69) for Dunedin.
- Braxton Lee (CF): 2 for 5 with 2 runs scored
- Kean Wong (2B): 2 for 5
- Willy Adames (SS): 1 for 4 with an RBI
- Jake Bauers (1B): 2 for 4 with a double, RBI and run scored
- Granden Goetzman (LF): 2 for 5 with a double, 2 RBI’s and a run scored
- Maxx Tissenbaum (DH): 1 for 4 with a double and 2 runs scored
- Pat Blair (3B): 2 for 5 with a double, RBI and 2 runs scored
- Armando Araiza (C): 2 for 4 with a double, RBI and run scored
- Yoel Araujo (RF): 2 for 5 with a home run, 4 RBI’s and 2 runs scored
- Matt Moore: 4 scoreless inning with 3 hits, 4 strikeouts and a walk
- Taylor Guerrieri (Win, 1-0): 5 runs on 5 hits with 7 strikeouts and a walk in 3 innings
- Isaac Gil: 2/3 scoreless inning with 3 hits
- Jeff Ames (Save, 2): 1 1/3 scoreless inning with a hit and 2 strikeouts