The Stone Crabs split the series with the Brevard County Manatees following a 3-1 loss in the series finale on Friday night at Space Coast Stadium.
Taylor Guerrieri gave the Stone Crabs a perfect performance on the mound, pitching three perfect frames, striking out five of the nine hitters he faced before giving way to the bullpen.
Eduar Quinonez had a rough debut for the Stone Crabs, giving up three runs in his first inning of work as a Stone Crabs. He came into the game in the fourth inning and surrendered a two run home run to Victor Roache and an RBI single to Garrett Cooper to give the Manatees a 3-0 lead.
The Stone Crabs didn’t get on the scoreboard until the eighth inning. Willy Adames doubled home Kean Wong to avoid the shutout. The Stone Crabs couldn’t push across any more runs as they fell 3-1.
Quinonez suffered the loss for the Stone Crabs. Jorge Ortega earned the complete game win.
The Stone Crabs now head south to Roger Dean Stadium for a series against the Palm Beach Cardinals.
- Dayron Varona (RF): 0 for 4
- Kean Wong (2B): 0 for 4 with a run scored
- Willy Adames (SS): 3 for 4 with a double and an RBI
- Jake Bauers (DH): 1 for 4
- Granden Goetzman (LF): 1 for 4
- Mike Marjama (1B): 0 for 4
- Maxx Tissenbaum (C): 0 for 4
- Pat Blair (3B): 1 for 3 with a double
- Braxton Lee (CF): 2 for 3 with a double
- Taylor Guerrieri: 3 perfect innings with 5 strikeouts
- Eduar Quinonez (Loss, 0-1): 3 runs on 3 hits with a strikeout and a walk in 2/3 inning
- Kyle McKenzie: 3 1/3 scoreless innings with 2 hits, 2 strikeouts and 2 walks
- Josh Kimborowicz: 1 no-hit inning with a strikeout