The Stone Crabs avenged last night’s loss with a huge 10-4 win over the St Lucie Mets on Saturday night at Tradition Field. The offense came alive in the game, combining for 17 hits on the night including 4 doubles. All but one starter recorded a hit with four hitters recording multiple hits on the night.
After two innings of scoreless baseball, the Stone Crabs posted a run to the scoreboard in the top of the third. Braxton Lee laid down a bunt single to lead off the inning. He advanced into scoring position following a throwing error. Lee scored on an RBI single by Willy Adames to give the Stone Crabs a 1-0 lead.
The Mets tied the game on the bottom of the third. Yeixon Ruiz tripled to right and later scored on a sac fly by Jeff McNeil to tie the game.
The Stone Crabs regained the lead in the fifth inning. Once again it was the Lee/Adames connection lighting up the scoreboard. Lee drew a walk and later scored on a double by Adames to put the Stone Crabs in front 2-1.
The Stone Crabs added another run in the sixth inning. Granden Goetzman singled to lead off the inning. He later scored on a ground ball by Yoel Araujo to make it 3-1.
The Stone Crabs bats game alive in the seventh inning. The Stone Crabs sent ten hitters to the plate and walked away with seven runs in the inning. Mike Marjama, Goetzman, Araujo, Juniel Querecuto and Adames all picked up RBI’s in the inning. When the dust settled, the Stone Crabs had a 10-1 lead.
St Lucie put up a little bit of a fight in the bottom of the ninth. Maikis De La Cruz doubled to left to lead off the inning. He scored on an RBI double by Dominic Smith. A single by Amed Rosario and a walk to Phillip Evans would load the bases. Jeff Glenn plated two runs with a single to right to score Smith and Rosario. Michael Johns made a call to the bullpen and Kyle McKenzie came in to stop the madness and secure the win for the Stone Crabs.
Jacob Faria picked up his sixth win of the season. Vic Black was charged with the loss for St Lucie.
The series concludes on Sunday afternoon at Tradition Field. The Stone Crabs will send German Marquez to the mound as they look to win the series. The Mets will counter with the unbeaten Robert Gsellman.
- Braxton Lee (CF): 4 for 4 with a double and 3 runs scored
- Juniel Querecuto (3B): 1 for 5 with an RBI and a run scored
- Willy Adames (SS): 4 for 5 with 3 RBI’s and a run scored
- Jake Bauers (1B): 3 for 5 with a double and a run scored
- Mike Marjama (DH): 1 for 5 with a double, RBI and a run scored
- Granden Goetzman (LF): 2 for 3 with 2 runs scored
- Alexander Simon (PH-LF): 0 for 1
- Pat Blair (2B): 1 for 4
- Armando Araiza (C): 0 for 5
- Yoel Araujo (RF): 1 for 5 with 3 RBI’s and a run scored
- Jacob Faria (Win, 6-1): 1 run on 3 hits with 7 strikeouts and 3 walks in 6 2/3 innings
- Josh Kimborowicz: 1 1/3 scoreless innings with a hit
- Jordan Harrison: 3 runs on 4 hits with a walk in 1/3 inning
- Kyle McKenzie: scoreless 2/3 inning with 2 strikeouts