The Stone Crabs continue to struggle with the Jupiter Hammerheads as they fell 4-0 on Tuesday night at Roger Dean Stadium.
Jupiter scored first in the opening frame. JT Riddle singled to left and later scored on a ground ball by Brian Anderson to give them a 1-0 lead.
Jupiter struck again in the third inning. Chris Hoo doubled to lead off the inning and later scored on a ground ball by Riddle. Riddle came home on an RBI double by Austin Dean. Felix Munoz drove home Dean with a single to center to make it 4-0.
The Stone Crabs put runners in scoring position in the fourth and the eighth and loaded the bases in the seventh, but they failed to push a runner across the plate as they fell 4-0.
Enny Romero suffered the loss. Chris Sadberry picked up the win and Tyler Bremer the save.
The Stone Crabs look to avoid the sweep in the series finale on Wednesday at Roger Dean Stadium. Buddy Borden (3-1, 3.86) will get the ball against Ryan Newell (3-1, 1.65) for Jupiter.
- Andrew Velazquez (3B): 0 for 3 with 2 walks
- Kean Wong (2B): 1 for 4 with a walk
- Willy Adames (SS): 3 for 4 with a walk
- Joey Rickard (DH): 1 for 3 with a walk
- Marty Gantt (LF): 0 for 4 with a walk
- Mike Marjama (1B): 1 for 4
- Armando Araiza (C): 0 for 4
- Yoel Araujo (RF): 0 for 4
- Braxton Lee (CF): 2 for 3 with a walk
- Enny Romero (Loss, 0-1): 4 runs on 6 hits with 3 strikeouts and 2 walks in 5 innings
- German Marquez: 3 scoreless innings with 2 hits and 2 strikeouts