The Stone Crabs surrendered an late lead to send the game to extra innings where they would fall to the Fort Myers Miracle 4-3 in eleven innings on Saturday night at Charlotte Sports Park. This is the second time this season that the Stone Crabs went to extra innings and the second time they lost to Fort Myers in extra innings.
Fort Myers jumped out to an early lead by scoring in the second inning. Marcus Knecht doubled to left and later scored on an RBI single by Jason Kanzler to give them a 1-0 lead.
The Stone Crabs tied the game in the bottom half of the second. Joey Rickard drew a walk to lead off the inning. He later scored on a ground ball by Juniel Querecuto to tie the game.
The Stone Crabs took their first lead of the contest in the fourth inning. A two run double by Querecuto put the Stone Crabs in front 3-1.
The lead held until the top of the eighth inning when the Miracle pushed across a pair of runs to tie the game.
The game was tied until the top of the eleventh when the Miracle scored a run to take a slim lead. The Stone Crabs were retired in order in the bottom of the inning as they fell 4-3.
Jeff Ames was charged with the loss. Madison Boer picked up the win and Todd Van Steensel the save.
The series concludes Sunday evening in Fort Myers.
- Andrew Velazquez (SS): 0 for 5
- Kean Wong (2B): 0 for 3 with 2 walks
- Willy Adames (DH): 0 for 4
- Jake Bauers (1B): 0 for 3 with 2 walks and a run scored
- Joey Rickard (LF): 1 for 4 with a double and a run scored
- Maxx Tissenbaum (C): 0 for 4 with a run scored
- Marty Gantt (PR): pinch ran for Tissenbaum
- Armando Araiza (C): defensive substitution
- Juniel Querecuto (3B): 1 for 4 with a double and 3 RBI’s
- Yoel Araujo (RF): 0 for 4
- Braxton Lee (CF): 0 for 3
- Ryne Stanek: 1 run on 5 hits with 4 strikeouts and 3 walks in 6 innings
- Kyle McKenzie (Blown Save, 1): 2 runs on 2 hits with 1 strikeout and a walk in 1 1/3 inning
- Jeff Ames (Loss, 1-1): 1 run on 3 hits with 3 strikeouts and a walk in 3 1/3 innings
- Isaac Gil: 1/3 no-hit inning