The Stone Crabs continue to struggle at the CenturyLink Sports Complex as they lost the series opener to the Fort Myers Miracle 5-3 on Thursday night. The Stone Crabs are now 0-3 on the road in Fort Myers.
Fort Myers took the lead in the first inning. A sac fly by Mitch Garver scored Engelb Vielma to give the Miracle a 1-0 lead.
The Stone Crabs tied the game an inning later. Jake Bauers drew a walk to open the frame. He later scored on a ground ball by Armando Araiza to tie the game.
Fort Myers regained the lead in the third inning. A two run homer by Niko Goodrum and a run scored on a wild pitch would put them ahead 4-1.
The Stone Crabs cut the lead in half by scoring in the fifth. Mike Marjama and Yoel Araujo delivered back to back singles to lead off the inning. Marjama later scored on an RBI single by Kean Wong to make it 4-2.
Fort Myers would score an insurance run in the eighth. Jason Kanzler doubled to left and later scored on a sac fly by Aderlin Mejia to give them a 5-2 lead.
The Stone Crabs added one more on the night in the top of the ninth. Araiza reached on an error to get things started. He moved on second on a single by Marjama and later scored ground ball by Kean Wong. The Stone Crabs stranded the tying runners on the bases to fall to the Miracle 5-3.
German Marquez suffered the loss for the Stone Crabs.
The series shifts to Charlotte Sports Park on Friday where the Stone Crabs look to continue their unbeaten at home against Fort Myers streak.
- Marty Gantt (LF): 1 for 4 with a walk
- Kean Wong (2B): 2 for 4 with 2 RBI’s
- Willy Adames (SS): 0 for 5
- Jake Bauers (1B): 0 for 3 with a walk and a run scored
- Joey Rickard (RF): 0 for 4
- Juniel Querecuto (3B): 1 for 4
- Armando Araiza (C): 0 for 4 with a run scored
- Mike Marjama (DH): 2 for 4 with a run scored
- Yoel Araujo (RF): 1 for 4
- Enny Romero: 1 run on 2 hits with 2 strikeouts and 2 walks in 1 2/3 inning
- German Marquez (Loss, 1-1): 3 runs on 4 hits with 3 strikeouts and 5 walks in 4 innings
- Josh Kimborowicz: 1 run on 2 hits with 2 strikeouts in 2 1/3 innings