The Stone Crabs continues to be the hottest team in the Florida State League as they won their fourth straight series by defeating the Bradenton Marauders 3-1 on Tuesday night at Charltote Sports Park. The Stone Crabs have not lost a series this season.
The night got started with Rays reliever Jake McGee taking the mound in his first rehab outing since having elbow surgery in the off-season. He retired the only three batters faced before turning the ball over to Jacob Faria.
The Stone Crabs jumped out in front in the bottom of the first inning. Marty Gantt led off the inning with a solo home run to left. Maxx Tissenbaum would later single home Willy Adames to give the Stone Crabs a 2-0 lead.
The Stone Crabs would add to the lead in the third inning. Gantt doubled to right and later scored on an RBI double by Jake Bauers to make it 3-0.
Bradenton was held scoreless until the fifth inning when they would push across their lone run on an RBI single by Reese McGuire.
The Stone Crabs pitchers would hold Bradenton to just the one run as they cruised to a 3-1 win.
Faria picked up the win and Brad Schreiber recorded the save. Matt Benedict was charged with the loss.
The Stone Crabs enjoy their first day off of the season on Wednesday.
- Marty Gantt (LF): 2 for 3 with a double, home run and 2 runs scored
- Kean Wong (2B): 0 for 3
- Willy Adames (SS): 2 for 3 with a run scored
- Jake Bauers (1B): 1 for 4 with a double and an RBI
- Joey Rickard (RF): 1 for 3
- Maxx Tissenbaum (C): 1 for 3 with an RBI
- Pat Blair (3B): 1 for 3
- Braxton Lee (CF): 0 for 3
- Alexander Simon (DH): 1 for 3
- Jake McGee: 1 no-hit inning
- Jacob Faria: 1 run on 7 hits with 3 strikeouts and 2 walks in 5 2/3 innings
- Isaac Gil (Hold, 1): 1 1/3 scoreless inning with a hit
- Brad Schreiber (Save, 4): 1 no-hit inning