The Stone Crabs trailed much of the night, but some late game heroics help the Stone Crabs walk-off against the Bradenton Marauders on Monday night at Charlotte Sports Park. This was the Stone Crabs second walk-off win of the season.
Bradenton took the lead in the first inning on an RBI single by Erich Weiss to give them a 1-0 lead.
The Marauders added to their lead in the second. A two run double by Justin Maffei made it 3-0.
Bradenton scored another run in the sixth. A bases loaded walk to Chris Diaz increased their lead to 4-0.
The Stone Crabs got on the scoreboard in the bottom of the sixth. Juniel Querecuto reached on an error to lead off the inning. He later scored on a double by Willy Adames. Walks to Joey Rickard and Maxx Tissenbaum would load the bases. Pat Blair then drew a bases loaded walk to score Adames and cut the lead in half.
The Stone Crabs tied the game in the bottom of the seventh. Braxton Lee singled to left to get things started. Adames then drove him home with a double to center. Adames later scored on a single by Jake Bauers to tie the game.
Bradenton took back the lead in the top of the eighth. Jose Osuna scored on ground ball by Diaz to give them a slim lead.
The Stone Crabs used the home field advantage to orchestrate the winning rally in the bottom of the ninth. Querecuto doubled to left to lead off the inning. A walk to Adames followed by a single by Bauers loaded the bases. Rickard tied the game on a bases loaded walk. Tissenbaum was the hero on the night, driving home the winning run with an RBI single to give the Stone Crabs the 6-5 win.
Kyle McKenzie earned the win in his Stone Crabs debut. Clario Perez was charged with the loss for Bradenton.
The series concludes on Tuesday night at Charlotte Sports Park. Jacob Faria (3-0, 1.06) will start the finale against Matt Benedict (2-0, 1.93) for Bradenton.
- Braxton Lee (CF): 2 for 4 with a run scored
- Juniel Querecuto (SS): 1 for 5 with a double and 2 runs scored
- Willy Adames (SS): 2 for 4 with 2 doubles, 2 RBI’s and 3 runs scored
- Jake Bauers (1B): 2 for 5 with an RBI
- Joey Rickard (LF): 1 for 2 with an RBI and 3 walks
- Maxx Tissenbaum (DH): 1 for 4 with an RBI
- Pat Blair (3B): 0 for 2 with an RBI and 2 walks
- Armando Araiza (C): 0 for 3
- Yoel Araujo (RF): 1 for 4
- Chris Kirsch: 3 runs on 2 hits and 3 walks with 1 strikeout in 1 2/3 inning
- Steve Ascher: 1 unearned run, on 2 hits with 1 strikeout and 3 walks in 3 2/3 inning
- Jeff Ames: 2 no-hit innings with 1 unearned run, 3 strikeouts and a walk
- Kyle McKenzie (Win, 1-0): 1 2/3 no-hit inning with a strikeout and a walk