The Stone Crabs lead by starter Blake Snell shut-out the Palm Beach Cardinals 4-0 on Saturday night at Charlotte Sports Park. Snell tossed six scoreless frames to help lead the Stone Crabs to victory.
The Stone Crabs broke the scoreless tie in the bottom of the fourth inning. Marty Gantt and Juniel Querecuto delivered back to back singles to get things started. Mike Marjama drove them both home on a double to left. Marjama scored on a single by Armando Araiza to give the Stone Crabs a 3-0 lead.
The Stone Crabs added an insurance run in the seventh inning. Braxton Lee doubled to left to lead off the inning. He later scored on a ground ball by Willy Adames to give the Stone Crabs the 4-0 margin of victory.
Snell earned the win, improving to 3-0 on the season. Arturo Reyes was the losing pitcher for Palm Beach.
The Stone Crabs will welcome the Bradenton Marauders to Charlotte Sports Park for a three game set starting on Sunday. Ryne Stanek (0-2, 3.07) will start the opener against Frank Duncan (1-0, 1.69) for Bradenton.
- Braxton Lee (CF): 1 for 2 with a double and a run scored
- Kean Wong (2B): 1 for 4
- Willy Adames (SS): 1 for 4
- Jake Bauers (1B): 1 for 2 with 2 walks
- Marty Gantt (LF): 1 for 4 with a run scored
- Juniel Querecuto (3B): 1 for 3 with a run scored
- Mike Marjama (DH): 1 for 4 with a double, 2 RBI’s and a run scored
- Armando Araiza (C): 1 for 4 with an RBI
- Yoel Araujo (RF): 1 for 3
- Blake Snell (Win, 3-0): 6 scoreless innings with 6 strikeouts, 2 hits and 4 walks
- Josh Kimborowicz (Hold, 1): 1 scoreless inning with a hit and a strikeout
- Justin McCalvin: 2 scoreless innings with 2 hits, 2 strikeouts and a walk