For the second straight night, the Stone Crabs offense lit up both digits of the score column as they beat the Palm Beach Cardinals 11-3 on Saturday night at Roger Dean Stadium.
The Stone Crabs took the lead in the first inning. Marty Gantt drew a walk to get things going. Gantt scored on an RBI double by Jake Bauers. Joey Rickard them plated Bauers with a single to left to give the Stone Crabs a 2-0 lead.
Palm Beach cut the lead in half in the third inning. Ronald Castillo doubled to right to lead off the inning. He later score on a sac fly by Jimmy Bosco to make it 2-1.
The Stone Crabs added to their lead in the fourth inning. Maxx Tissenbaum drove home two runs with a double to center. He would later score on a single by Andrew Velazquez to increase the lead to 5-1.
Palm Beach added another run in the bottom of the fourth on a sac fly by Rowan Wick that scored Mason Katz.
Tissenbaum picked up another RBI in an inning later as he singled home Bauers to make it 6-2.
The Stone Crabs offense kept posting runs to the scoreboard by pushing across two more in the seventh. Gantt singled on a bunt to lead off the inning. Willy Adames drove him home with a triple to left. Adames later scored on a sac fly by Rickard to give the Stone Crabs a commanding 8-2 lead.
Palm Beach added another run in the bottom of the eight to make it 8-3.
The Stone Crabs added three more runs to their final line in the top of the ninth. Velazquez reached on an error while Bauers and Rickard drew walks to load the bases. Three runs scored on a double by Juniel Querecuto to give the Stone Crabs the 11-3 margin of victory.
Jacob Faria picked up the win for the Stone Crabs, improving to 2-0. Corey Littrell suffered the loss for Palm Beach.
The series concludes on Sunday at Roger Dean Stadium. German Marquez (0-0, 6.75) gets the ball for the series finale against Arturo Reyes (1-0, 0.00) for Palm Beach.
- Andrew Velazquez (2B): 2 for 5 with an RBI and a run scored
- Marty Gantt (LF): 1 for 3 with a walk and 2 runs scored
- Willy Adames (SS): 1 for 5 with a triple, RBI and a run scored
- Jake Bauers (1B): 2 for 4 with a double, RBI and 3 runs scored
- Joey Rickard (CF): 1 for 2 with 2 RBI’s and 2 runs scored
- Juniel Querecuto (3B): 2 for 5 with a double, 3 RBI’s and a run scored
- Maxx Tissenbaum (DH): 2 for 5 with a double, 3 RBI’s and a run scored
- Armando Araiza (C): 0 for 4
- Yoel Araujo (RF): 0 for 4
- Jacob Faria (Win, 2-0): 2 runs on 4 hits with 5 strikeouts and 2 walks in 5 innings
- Josh Kimborowicz: 1 run on 3 hits with 2 strikeouts in 2 2/3 innings
- Justin McCalvin: 1 walk in 1/3 inning
- Brad Schreiber: 1 scoreless inning with 1 hit