The Stone Crabs road troubles continue as they lost the second game of Thursday’s doubleheader against the Daytona Tortugas. The Stone Crabs surrendered the lead in the fifth inning and never recovered to go 0-4 on the road so far this season.
The Stone Crabs broke the scoreless tie in the top of the fourth inning. Jake Bauers singled to center to lead off the inning. He would later score on a two-out double by Marty Gantt to give the Stone Crabs a 1-0 lead.
Daytona would answer back in the bottom of the fifth. They sent six hitters to the plate in their two run inning. A solo home run by Robert Ramirez would get things started in the inning and tie the game. Joe Hudson followed with a single. He would later score on a fielding error to give the Tortugas a 2-1 lead.
The Stone Crabs threatened in the seventh by loading the bases, but could not find a way to push across the tying run as they fell 2-0.
Ryne Stanek suffered the loss and dropped to 0-2 on the season. Barrett Astin was the winning pitcher for Daytona and Evan Mitchell earned the save.
The Stone Crabs road trip continues as they head south to Roger Dean Stadium for a three game series against the Palm Beach Cardinals. Chris Kirsch will be making the start in the series opener for the Stone Crabs.
- Andrew Velazquez (3B): 1 for 4 with a double
- Kean Wong (2B): 0 for 2 with a walk
- Willy Adames (SS): 0 for 4
- Jake Bauers (1B): 1 for 3 with a run scored
- Maxx Tissenbaum (C): 1 for 1
- Yoel Araujo (RF): 0 for 3
- Marty Gantt (LF): 2 for 3 with a double
- Juniel Querecuto (DH): 0 for 2 with a walk
- Braxton Lee (CF): 1 for 3
- Ryne Stanek (Loss, 0-2): 2 runs on 5 hits with 4 strikeouts and 2 walks in 4 2/3 innings
- Buddy Borden: 1 1/3 no-hit innings with a strikeout