A seven run fourth inning propelled the Stone Crabs to a 10-4 win over the Palm Beach Cardinals at Roger Dean Stadium. The win gave the Stone Crabs their first road win of the season, snapping their streak of four straight road losses.
The Stone Crabs jumped out in front in the first inning. Andrew Velazquez reached on an error to lead off the game. He moved to third following a line drive single by Willy Adames. Jake Bauers drove Velazquez home with a single to right to put the Stone Crabs on the board. Two more runs came on an RBI triple by Juniel Querecuto to give the Stone Crabs a 3-0 lead.
Then came the big fourth inning in which the Stone Crabs sent twelve hitters to the plate and walked away with seven runs in the inning. They compiled seven hits and four walks to orchestrate the inning. Kean Wong drove home two runs with a single to right, Bauers drew a bases loaded walk, Joey Rickard had a three run double and Yoel Araujo had an RBI single to give the Stone Crabs a 10-0 lead.
Palm Beach was held scoreless until the sixth inning when a solo home run by Luke Voit put them on the scoreboard.
Palm Beach added two more runs in the eighth and another in the night. But at the ended of the night, it was the Stone Crabs heading back to the hotel with a 10-4 win.
Chris Kirsch picked up the win, his first of the season. Trey Nielsen was the losing pitcher for Palm Beach.
The series continues on Satuday at Roger Dean Stadium. Jacob Faria (1-0, 0.00) makes his second start of the season against Corey Littrell (0-1, 4.50) for Palm Beach.
- Andrew Velazquez (2B): 0 for 5 with a walk and 2 runs scored
- Kean Wong (2B): 2 for 5 with a double, 2 RBI’s and a run scored
- Willy Adames (SS): 3 for 4 with a double and 2 runs scored
- Jake Bauers (1B): 1 for 3 with 2 RBI’s and 2 runs scored
- Alexander Simon (1B): 0 for 1
- Joey Rickard (LF): 1 for 5 with a double, 3 RBI’s and a run scored
- Juniel Querecuto (3B): 3 for 5 with a triple and 3 RBI’s
- Yoel Araujo (RF): 2 for 5 with an RBI
- Armando Araiza (C): 1 for 2 with a walk and a run scored
- Mike Marjama (PH-C): 0 for 2
- Braxton Lee (CF): 2 for 5 with a run scored
- Chris Kirsch (Win, 1-0): 1 run on 3 hits with 4 strikeouts and 2 walks
- Isaac Gil: 2 runs on 3 hits with 3 walks in 2 innings
- Justin McCalvin: 1 run on 1 hit with 2 walks in 1 inning