The Stone Crabs were shut-out 4-0 in the first game of Thursday’s doubleheader against the Daytona Tortugas at Jackie Robinson Ballpark. In the loss, Stone Crabs pitchers surrendered three home runs.
Daytona took the lead in the first inning and never looked back. Phillip Ervin delivered a solo home run off Alex Colome to make it 1-0.
Daytona increased their lead in the third inning on a home run by Chad Wallach to make it 2-0.
The Tortugas scored again in the fourth. This time it was a ground ball by Carlton Daal that scored Taylor Sparks to increase the lead to 3-0.
The final run of the game came off the bat Sparks who went deep to left to give Daytona a 4-0 lead.
The Stone Crabs put a couple runners in scoring positon but failed to capitalize in the shut-out loss.
Colome was charged with the loss for the Stone Crabs. Joel Bender was the winning pitcher for Daytona and Zack Weiss picked up the save.
- Andrew Velazquez (3B): 0 for 4
- Kean Wong (2B): 0 for 1 with 2 walks
- Willy Adames (SS): 1 for 3
- Joey Rickard (RF): 0 for 1 with 2 walks
- Alexander Simon (1B): 0 for 3
- Armando Araiza (C): 0 for 3
- Mike Marjama (DH): 1 for 3
- Marty Gantt (LF): 1 for 3 with a double
- Braxton Lee (CF): 0 for 2 with a walk
- Alex Colome (Loss, 0-1): 2 runs on 6 hits with 4 strikeouts in 3 innings
- Jeff Ames: 1 run on 1 hit with a walk in 2 innings
- Josh Kimborowicz: 1 run on 1 hit with a strikeout and a walk in 1 inning