For the second straight home game, the Stone Crabs used a great pitching performance to earn a victory against their neighbor to the south. This time it was Jacob Faria who provided the ammo in the form of six shut-out innings and seven strikeout to lift the Stone Crabs to a 4-0 win in the series finale against the Fort Myers Miracle.
The Stone Crabs broke the scoreless tie in the second inning. Maxx Tissenbaum led off the inning with a single to center. He would later score on a ground ball by Braxton Lee to put the Stone Crabs out in front 1-0.
The Stone Crabs added to their lead in the bottom of the fifth. Mike Marjama singled up the middle to lead off the inning. He later scored on a line drive by Juniel Querecuto to increase the lead to 2-0.
The shut-out was in threatened in the top the sixth when the Miracle moved a runner to third with one out. But a timely fly ball that doubled off the runner at third ended the inning with the shut-out in place.
The Stone Crabs added two more runs in the eighth inning. Jake Bauers knocked in a run with a double to center that scored Andrew Velazquez. Bauers later scored on a ground ball by Joey Rickard to give the Stone Crabs the 4-0 margin of victory.
Faria picked up the win for the Stone Crabs. Ethan Mildren was the losing pitcher for Fort Myers.
The Stone Crabs will host the Daytona Tortugas for a four game series starting on Monday at Charlotte Sports Park. German Marquez (0-0, 0.00) will be making the start for the Stone Crabs against Jackson Stephens (0-0, 0.00) for Dayton. First pitch is scheduled for 6:30.
- Andrew Velazquez (2B): 2 for 4 with an RBI and a run scored
- Juniel Querecuto (3B): 1 for 4
- Willy Adames (SS): 2 for 4 with a double
- Jake Bauers (1B): 1 for 3 with a double, an RBI and a run scored
- Joey Rickard (RF): 2 for 4 with an RBI
- Maxx Tissenbaum (C): 1 for 3 with a run scored
- Marty Gantt (LF): 0 for 3
- Mike Marjama (DH): 2 for 3 with a run scored
- Braxton Lee (CF): 0 for 2 with an RBI and a walk
- Jacob Faria (Win, 1-0): 6 scoreless innings with 7 strikeouts, 1 walk and 4 hits
- Jeff Ames (Hold, 1): 2 scoreless innings with a hit and a walk
- Nick Sawyer: 1 no-hit inning with a strikeout