It was a busy week for transactions as many organizations trim their rosters and get ready for the season. As a result several former Stone Crabs have been effected by the transactions. Here is a look at who has been released or optioned to the minors.
- Sean Bierman was released by the Atlanta Braves. Bierman spent the 2014 split between two organizations and four teams. He was a member of the Stone Crabs for a portion of the 2013 season, appearing in 5 games for the Stone Crabs.
- Tyler Bortnick was released by the Arizona Diamondbacks. Bortnick has spent the last two seasons and a half seasons with the Triple-A Reno Aces. He spent a few games in 2010 and all of the 2011 season with the Stone Crabs where he was an all-star in 2011. Bortnick was dealt to the Diamondbacks in the second half of the 2012 season where he spent his entire time at Triple-A Reno.
- Willie Gabay was released by the Rays. Drafted by the Rays in the 15th round of the 2012 draft, Gabay pitched for the Stone Crabs for three games last season.
- Kyle Lobstein was optioned to Triple-A from the Detroit Tigers. Lobstein spent the last two seasons in the Tigers organization, making his major league debut last seasons against the Twins. Lobstein pitched for the Stone Crabs in 2011 where he earned three Pitcher of the Week awards.
- Jake Partridge was released by Rays. Partridge made 33 appearances for the Stone Crabs in 2013. He remained on the Biscuits disabled list for the 2014 season.
- Julian Ridings was released by Rays. Ridings spent half of last season in the outfield for the Stone Crabs. He was drafted by the Rays in the 18th round of the 2013 Draft out of Western Carolina.