The Stone Crabs held a slim lead much of the night but a five run inning by the St Lucie Mets in the seventh results in a 6-3 loss on Wednesday night at Charlotte Sports Park.
St Lucie jumped out to an early lead by scoring in the first inning. LJ Mazzilli drove home Maikis De La Cruz to give the Mets a 1-0 lead.
The Stone Crabs matched their run and added another an inning later. Pat Leonard singled to lead off the inning. But he would remain on the bases long as Tyler Goeddel went deep to left for a two run homer to give the Stone Crabs a 2-1 lead.
The lead held until the Mets tagged the Stone Crabs for five runs in the top of the seventh. Gilbert Gomez scored on a passed ball, De La Cruz had a two run double, Mazzilli brought home a run with a double and Phillip Evans plated a run to give the Mets a 6-2 lead.
The Stone Crabs did not recover as they dropped the finale 6-3.
Jordan Harrison suffered the loss for the Stone Crabs. Matt Koch picked up the win for St Lucie.
The Stone Crabs are off on Thursday before beginning a three game series against the Fort Myers Miracle on Friday.
- Johnny Field (CF): 2 for 4
- David DeJesus (DH): 1 for 4
- Tommy Coyle (2B) 1 for 4
- Pat Leonard (1B): 1 for 4 with a run scored
- Tyler Goeddel (3B): 2 for 4 with a 2-run homer
- Marty Gantt (RF): 0 for 4
- Granden Goetzman (LF): 1 for 4
- Luke Bailey (C): 0 for 3
- Juniel Querecuto (SS): 0 for 3
- Austin Pruitt: 1 run on 5 hits with 6 strikeouts and a walk in 5 innings
- Jordan Harrison (Loss, 3-3): 2 runs on 1 hit with 2 strikeouts and 2 walks in 1 1/3 inning
- Zach Cooper: 2 runs on 3 hits with 2 strikeouts in 1 2/3 innings
- Ryan Garton: 1 no-hit inning with a strikeout