The GCL Rays lost some ground in the standings following a series opening loss to the GCL Red Sox on Monday afternoon at JetBlue Park.
The Red Sox took the lead in the first inning by scoring a pair of runs. Both runs came on a single by Michael Chavis to give them a 2-0 lead.
The Rays were held scoreless much of the afternoon but avoided the shut-out by scoring in the seventh. The loaded the bases after a walk to Bill Pujols, a single by Christian Knott and another walk to Josh Rapacz. Oscar Sanay drove home Pujols with a single to right to cut the lead in half.
But they stranded the tying and go-ahead run and were held scoreless the rest of the day as they fell 2-1 in the series opener.
Angel Yepez was charged with the loss for the Rays.
- Oscar Sanay (2B): 1 for 3 with an RBI
- Matt Reida (3B): 0 for 4
- Cade Gotta (LF): 1 for 4
- David Rodriguez (C): 0 for 4
- Matt Ford (SS): 0 for 4
- Bill Pujols (3B): 0 for 3 with a walk and a run scored
- Christian Knott (RF): 2 for 4
- Josh Rapacz (1B): 1for 3
- Zacrey Law (LF): 0 for 3 with a walk
- Angel Yepez: (Loss, 1-3): 2 unearned runs on 5 hits with a strikeout and 1 walk in 5 innings
- Junior Feliz: 3 scoreless innings with a hit, 2 strikeouts and a walk