After back to back rain-outs, the Stone Crabs finally got to play a baseball game as they faced off against the Jupiter Hammerheads on Sunday afternoon at Roger Dean Stadium. The Stone Crabs found themselves in the win column by taking game one by the score of 4-1.
The Stone Crabs scored first in the first inning. Johnny Field drew a walk followed by a single by Pat Leonard. The Stone Crabs then pulled a double steal in which the Hammerheads catcher threw the ball down the line, getting past the third baseman and allowing Field to score to make it 1-0.
The Stone Crabs added another run in the third. Tommy Coyle was hit by a pitch and Field drew a walk to put runners on the bases. Coyle later scored on a wild pitch to increase the lead to 2-0.
The Stone Crabs put a pair of runs on the board in the fifth. Once again it was Coyle and Field getting it started. Coyle had an infield single and advanced into scoring position on a double by Field. Maxx Tissenbaum drove home Coyle. Field later scored on a ground ball by Tyler Goeddel to make it 4-0.
Jupiter scored their lone run in the fifth inning. Justin Bohn doubled to left and later scored on an RBI single by Matt Juengel.
The Stone Crabs bullpen held the Hammerheads scoreless the rest of the afternoon as they won 4-1.
Jordan Harrison picked up the win and Colton Reavis notched the save.
Former Stone Crabs Derek Dietrich also saw rehab action in game one. He is currently on a rehab assignment with the Hammerheads after being placed on the Miami Marlins 15-day disabled list with a wrist injury in early July.
- Tommy Coyle (2B): 1 for 3 with 2 runs scored
- Johnny Field (CF): 1 for 2 with a double and 2 runs scored
- Maxx Tissenbaum (DH): 1 for 4 with an RBI
- Pat Leonard (1B): 1 for 3
- Tyler Goeddel (3B): 1 for 2 with an RBI
- Marty Gantt (RF): 0 for 3
- Ariel Soriano (RF): 1 for 3 with a triple
- Jake DePew (C): 1 for 2 with a double
- Juniel Querecuto (SS): 0 for 3
- Blake Snell: 1 run on 3 hits with 4 strikeouts and 4 walks in 4 1/3 innings
- Jordan Harrison (Win, 3-2): 1 2/3 scoreless innings with 2 strikeouts and 2 hits
- Colton Reavis (Save, 5): 1 no-hit inning with 2 strikeouts