The fans in attendance of Saturday’s Stone Crabs game were treated to fireworks on the field and in the sky as the Stone Crabs picked up a 4-3 walk-off win against the Jupiter Hammerheads.
Thinks looked grim for the Stone Crabs early on as Jupiter’s starter Jake Esche was explosive. He pitched 6 no-hit innings to allow the Hammerheads to build a comfortable lead.
The Hammerheads scored first in the third inning. Justin Bohn doubled to right and then scored on a ground rule double by Ryan Goetz to give them a 1-0 lead.
Jupiter added two more runs in the fourth. Jesus Solorzano drove home a run with an RBI triple. He later scored on a ground ball by Cody Keefer to make it 3-0.
The Stone Crabs eliminated Esche’s bid for a no-hitter and a shut-out by scoring three runs in the seventh. A two out single by Maxx Tissenbaum was the first hit of the night for the Stone Crabs and the start of a game tying rally. RBI singles by Jake DePew and Josh Sale plated three runs to tie the game.
The game remained tied until the bottom of the ninth. Once again, the rally started with two outs in the inning. Jake DePew drew a walk and then scored on an RBI double by Sale to give the Stone Crabs the 4-3 walk-off win.
Colton Reavis picked up the win for the Stone Crabs. Brad Mincey was the losing pitcher for Jupiter.
The series continues on Sunday at Charlotte Sports Park. Blake Snell will get the ball for the Stone Crabs opposite Matt Milroy for Jupiter.
- Tim Beckham (2B): 0 for 4
- Johnny Field (CF): 0 for 3
- Pat Leonard (3B): 0 for 4
- Maxx Tissenbaum (DH): 1 for 4 with a run scored
- Marty Gantt (LF): 1 for 4 with a run scored
- Jake DePew (C): 1 for 3 with a walk, RBI and 2 runs scored
- Josh Sale (RF): 2 for 4 with a double and 3 RBI’s
- Juniel Querecuto (SS): 0 for 3
- Jonathan Quinonez (1B): 0 for 3
- Austin Pruitt: 3 runs on 9 hits with 7 strikeouts in 6 innings
- Zach Cooper: 2 scoreless innings with 2 hits and 3 strikeouts
- Colton Reavis (Win, 1-1): 1 no-hit inning