The GCL Rays earned a 3-2 win in game one of Saturday’s doubleheader against the GCL Orioles at Ed Smith Stadium. The win put the brakes on the current losing streak.
The Rays scored a pair of runs in the first inning. Oscar Sanay and Zacrey Law delivered back to back singles to lead off the inning. Sanay scored on a fielder’s choice by Isias Alcantar. David Rodriguez drove home Law with a sac fly to give the Rays a 2-0 lead.
The Orioles cut the lead in half in the bottom of the first. Jomar Reyes singled home Daniel Franco to make it 2-1.
The Orioles tied the game in the fifth. Guillermo Salas reached on an error and later scored on a single by Ronarsy Ledesma to tie the game.
The Rays scored the go ahead run in the top of the sixth. Sanay reached on an infield single to lead off the inning. He stole second and made it to third on a sac bunt by Cade Gotta. Sanay scored on a ground ball by David Rodriguez to give the Rays the 3-2 margin of victory.
Spencer Moran picked up the win and improved to 3-0 on the season.
- Oscar Sanay (2B): 3 for 4 with 2 runs scored
- Zacrey Law (CF): 1 for 2 with 2 walks and a run scored
- Cade Gotta (LF): 0 for 3
- Isias Alcantar (1B): 0 for 2 with a walk and an RBI
- David Rodriguez (DH): 0 for 2 with 2 RBI’s
- Bill Pujols (3B): 0 for 3
- Jose Rojas (C): 0 for 3
- Matt Ford (SS): 0 for 3
- Jaime Ayende (RF): 0 for 2
- Jose Alvarado: 1 unearned run on 1 hit with 2 strikeouts and 3 walks
- Spencer Moran (Win, 3-0): 1 unearned run on 3 hits with 2 strikeouts