The GCL Rays defeated the GCL Orioles on Friday at Ed Smith Stadium. The Rays took advantage of five errors to grab a 5-4 win.
Zacrey Law reached on an error to lead of the game. He stole third and scored on a balk to give the Rays a 1-0 lead.
The Rays added to their lead in the second inning. Josh Rapacz reached on an error to lead off the inning. He advanced to third on an error and scored on a single by Bill Pujols. Pujols later scored on a sac fly by Law to give them a 3-0 lead.
The Rays added another pair of runs an inning later. Jose Rojas singled home Tim Beckham for the first run. Chris DeMorais scored on an erro for the second run to make it 5-0.
The Orioles pulled to within a run of the lead by scoring four runs in the fourth inning. But the Rays closed the door and held on for the 5-4 win.
Henry Centeno was the winner for the Rays and improved to 4-0 on the season. Edwin Fierro notched the save.
The Rays head home to Charlotte Sports Park for Saturday’s games against the Orioles.
- Zacrey Law (CF): 0 for 4 with an RBI and a run scored
- Matt Reida (3B): 0 for 3 with a walk
- Tim Beckham (DH): 2 for 5 with a double and a run scored
- Chris DeMorais (LF): 2 for 4 with a walk and a run scored
- Jose Rojas (C): 2 for 5 with an RBI
- Josh Rapcz (1B): 0 for 5 with a run scored
- Bill Pujols (2B): 2 for 3 with a triple, 2 RBI’s and a run scored
- Matt Ford (SS): 0 for 3
- Jaime Ayende (RF): 0 for 4
- Henry Centeno (Win, 4-0): 4 runs on 3 hits with 3 strikeouts and 3 walks in 5 innings
- Michael Velasquez (Hold, 1): 2 shut-out innings with 3 hits
- Edwin Fierro (Save, 3): 2 scoreless innings with 2 hits and a strikeout