The Stone Crabs continue to play well as they defeated the Tampa Yankees 3-1 on Monday night at Charlotte Sports Park.
The Stone Crabs broke the scoreless tie in the fourth inning. Justin O’Conner drew a walk to lead off the inning. O’Conner moved to third following a double by Maxx Tissenbaum. Jonathan Quinonez hit into a double play, scoring O’Conner to give the Stone Crabs a 1-0 lead.
The Stone Crabs added to their lead an inning later. Josh Sale singled followed by a double by Granden Goetzman. Both runners would score on an RBI single by Tyler Goeddel to increase the lead to 3-0.
Tampa scored their lone run in the seventh inning. Cito Culver tripled to right and later scored on a ground ball by Claudio Custodio to make it 3-1.
The Stone Crabs held on to take the series opener by the score of 3-1.
Blake Snell picked up the win while Zach Cooper notched the save. Jhon Morban was the losing pitcher for Tampa.
The series continues on Tuesday at Charlotte Sports Park when Reinaldo Lopez (6-4, 3.48) takes to the hill to face Caleb Smith (2-0, 0.75).
- Johnny Field (CF): 0 for 3
- Tyler Goeddel (3B): 1 for 4
- Tommy Coyle (2B): 0 for 3
- Justin O’Conner (C): 0 for 3 with a walk and a run scored
- Maxx Tissenbaum (DH): 2 for 4 with a double
- Ariel Soriano (SS): 1 for 3 with a double
- Jonathan Quinonez (1B): 0 for 1 with a walk and an RBI
- Josh Sale (RF): 2 for 3 with a run scored
- Granden Goetzman (LF): 1 for 3 with a double and a run scored
- Blake Snell (Win, 3-5): 5 scoreless innings with 7 strikeouts and 5 walks
- Jose Molina (Hold, 4): 1 run on 1 hit with 1 strikeouts and 3 walks in 3 innings
- Zach Cooper (Save, 3): 1 perfect frame