The GCL Rays earned a split of Tuesday’s doubleheader following a 4-2 loss to the GCL Twins in game two at Charlotte Sports Park.
The Twins took the lead in the first inning on a two run blast by Amaurys Minier, his second of the afternoon to make it 2-0.
The Rays tied the game in the second inning. Bill Pujols had an infield single followed by a single by Matt Ford. Pujols scored on an RBI single by Josh Rapacz. Then Isias Alcantar brough home Ford on a sac fly to tie the game.
The Twins added a pair of runs in the bottom of the second on a two run single by Ruar Verkerk to give them a 4-2 lead.
All six of the runs were scored in the first two innings of the game before the pitching staffs exchanged zeroes on the scoreboard the rest of the afternoon. When it was all said and done, the Rays found themselves on the losing side of the 4-2 contest.
Brock Burke was charged with the loss.
Both clubs will be back out on Wednesday for game three of the four game series at the Lee County Sports Complex.
- Oscar Sanay (2B): 0 for 3
- Cade Gotta (LF): 0 for 3
- Jose Rojas (C): 0 for 3
- Christian Knott (CF): 0 for 3
- Bill Pujols (3B): 1 for 2 with a run scored
- Matt Ford (SS): 1 for 3 with a run scored
- Josh Rapacz (1B): 1 for 3 with an RBI
- Isias Alcantar (DH): 0 for 1
- Chris DeMorais (PH-DH): 1 for 1 with a double
- Jaime Ayende (RF): 0 for 2
- Brock Burke (Loss, 0-1): 4 runs on 4 hits with 2 strikeouts and a walk in 2 innings
- Blake Bivens: 3 no-hit innings with 3 strikeouts and 2 walks
- Michael Velasquez: 1 no-hit inning with a stikeout