The middle of the lineup help lead the Stone Crabs to a 6-1 win over the Dunedin Blue Jays on Saturday night at Florida Auto Exchange Stadium. The three, four and five hitter collectively hit the cycle as they went 5 for 12 with 2 doubles, a triple and a home run.
The evening got underway with a one inning rehab appearance by Rays relieve Joel Peralta. Peralta went on the DL after contracting the Chikungunya virus on a recent trip to the Dominican Republic during the All-Star Break. Peralta tossed a scoreless inning before turning the ball over to Jordan Harrison in the second.
The game remained deadlocked until the top of the sixth inning. Tommy Coyle drew a walk. Coyle stole second and then scored on an RBI single by Leonardo Reginatto. Reginatto then stole second and scored on a triple by Pat Leonard. Justin O’Conner cleared the bases with a two run homer to give the Stone Crabs a 4-0 lead.
Dunedin countered with a home run of their own in the bottom of the sixth. Marcus Knecht hit a solo home run to make it 4-1.
The Stone Crabs pushed across a pair of runs in the eighth. Leonard doubled followed by a single by O’Conner to put runners on the bases. Maxx Tissenbaum drove them both home with a double to center to give the Stone Crabs the 6-1 victory.
Jordan Harrison picked up the win for the Stone Crabs, his first of the season. Taylor Cole was the losing pitcher for Dunedin.
The series concludes on Sunday at Florida Auto Exchange Stadiums. The Stone Crabs will start Austin Pruitt against Efrain Nieves for Dunedin.
- Johnny Field (CF): 1 for 4 with a triple
- Tommy Coyle (2B): 1 for 4 with a walk and a run scored
- Leonardo Reginatto (SS): 2 for 4 with an RBI and a run scored
- Pat Leonard (1B): 2 for 4 with a double, triple, RBI and 2 runs scored
- Justin O’Conner (C): 2 for 4 with a home run, 2 RBI’s and 2 runs scored
- Maxx Tissenbaum (C): 1 for 4 with a double and 2 RBI’s
- Jonathan Quinonez (3B): 0 for 3 with a walk
- Josh Sale (RF): 0 for 4
- Granden Goetzman (LF): 0 for 4
- Joel Peralta: 1 scoreless inning with a hit and a strikeout
- Jordan Harrison (Win, 1-2): 1 run on 4 hits with 6 strikeouts and a walk in 6 innings
- Zach Cooper: 2 no-hit innings with 2 strikeouts and 2 walks