The Stone Crabs offense put nine runs on the board to back starter Austin Pruitt who turned in another fantastic start guided the Stone Crabs to a 9-2 win on Sunday. The win gave the Stone Crabs a series win and it was the third straight series in which the Stone Crabs either won or tied.
The Stone Crabs jumped out to a lead in the second and never looked back. Maxx Tissenbaum singled to left followed by a double by Tyler Goeddel to give the Stone Crabs two runners in scoring positon with no outs. Josh Sale drove both runners home with a single to center. Sale later scored on a single by Tommy Coyle to give the Stone Crabs a 3-0 lead.
The Blue Jays scored in the bottom of the sixth. Kevin Patterson hit a solo homer, the lone blemish on Pruitt’s line score to make it 3-1.
The Stone Crabs answered by matching the run and adding another in the seventh. Marty Gantt and Johnny Field delivered back to back singles to lead off the frame. Pat Leonard drove them home with a two run single to increase the lead to 5-1.
The Stone Crabs produced a big eighth inning to further distance themselves from their opponent. The inning got started with a bang, a solo home by Tissenbaum, his fourth of the year. After a little small ball, the Stone Crabs loaded the bases for Leonardo Reginatto who drove home three runs with a double to center to give the Stone Crabs a 9-1 lead.
Dunedin pushed across their second and final run of the night in the bottom of the eighth.
The Stone Crabs did not surrender any more as they cruised to a 9-2 win in the finale.
Pruitt picked up the win and improved to 8-4 on the season.
The Stone Crabs return home to Charlotte Sports Park for a four game series against the Tampa Yankees.
- Johnny Field (CF): 2 for 4 with 2 runs scored
- Tommy Coyle (2B): 1 for 4 with an RBI and a run scored
- Leonardo Reginatto (SS): 3 for 5 with a double and 3 RBI’s
- Pat Leonard (1B): 3 for 5 with 2 RBI’s
- Justin O’Conner (C): 0 for 5
- Maxx Tissenbaum (DH): 2 for 5 with a home run and 2 runs scored
- Tyler Goeddel (3B): 2 for 5 with a double and a run scored
- Josh Sale (RF): 2 for 4 with 2 RBI’s and a run scored
- Marty Gantt (LF): 2 for 4 with 2 runs scored
- Austin Pruitt (Win, 8-4): 1 run on 7 hits with 3 strikeouts in 6 innings
- Ryan Garton: 1 run on 2 hits with a strikeout and a walk
- Marcus Jensen: 1 shut-out inning with 2 hits and a strikeout