Despite a perfect day at the plate by Justin O’Conner, the Stone Crabs fell to the Dunedin Blue Jays 2-1 on Friday night at Florida Auto Exchange Stadium. O’Conner was 4 for 4 with a double and a home run on the night.
The pitching staff for both clubs were getting the job done for much of the night as they dueled through a shut-out through the first five innings.
Dunedin broke the scoreless tie in the sixth on a solo home run by Gustavo Pierro to give them a 1-0 lead.
The Stone Crabs answered with a long ball of the bat of O’Conner in the seventh to tie the game.
Dunedin picked up the winning run in the eighth on a home run by Emilo Guerrero, handing the Stone Crabs a 2-1.
Colton Reavis was charged with the loss for the Stone Crabs. Chad Girodo picked up the win and Arik Sikula the save for Dunedin.
The series continues on Saturday in Dunedin. Jordan Harrison will face Taylor Cole in game three of the four game series.
- Tommy Coyle (2B): 0 for 4
- Leonardo Reginatto (SS): 2 for 3
- Pat Leonard (1B): 0 for 4
- Justin O’Conner (C): 4 for 4 with a double and a home run
- Maxx Tissenbaum (DH): 1 for 4
- Tyler Goeddel (3B): 0 for 4
- Josh Sale (RF): 3 for 4
- Ariel Soriano (CF): 0 for 3
- Granden Goetzman (LF): 0 for 3
- Jared Moretensen: 3 no-hit innings with 2 strikeouts
- Kevin Brandt: 1 run on 2 hits with 3 strikeouts in 4 innings
- Colton Reavis (Loss, 0-1): 1 run on 1 hit with a walk in 1 inning