The Stone Crabs collected ten runs in the final five innings to beat the Clearwater Threshers 10-6 and split the series at two games each.
Clearwater took the lead in the second inning. After loading the bases, Roman Quinn drove home a run with a sac fly to score Harold Martinez for the first run of the afternoon. A triple by Angelo Mora would score two more runs to give Clearwater a 3-0 lead.
Clearwater added a run in the fourth inning. Everett Williams tripled to right and later scored on an RBI single by Art Charles to increase the lead to 4-0.
The Stone Crabs cut the lead in half in the fifth inning. Josh Sale lead off the inning with a double. Then Jonathan Quinonez cleared the bases with a two run homer to make it 4-2.
The Stone Crabs grabbed the lead in the top of the sixth inning. Leonardo Reginatto was hit by a pitch followed by a single by Pat Leonard to put two runners on the bases for the Stone Crabs. Both runners scored on a single by Tyler Goeddel to tie the game. Goeddel later scored on a line drive by Sale to give the Stone Crabs a 5-4 lead.
The Stone Crabs increased their lead in the seventh on a three run homer by Justin O’Conner to give the Stone Crabs a 8-4 lead.
The Thresher went deep in the bottom of the seventh. A two run homer by Gabriel Lino made it 8-6.
The Stone Crabs added some insurance by adding a run in the eighth and another in the ninth. It was an RBI single by Granden Goetzman to score Quinonez in the eighth. Then in the ninth Reginatto scored on a wild pitch to give the Stone Crabs the 10-6 win in the series finale.
Marcus Jensen picked up the win for the Stone Crabs. Cody Forsythe suffered the loss for Clearwater.
The Stone Crabs continue their north division road trip with the first of four games against the Dunedin Blue Jays on Thursday.
- Johnny Field (CF): 1 for 5
- Tommy Coyle (2B): 1 for 5 with a run scored
- Leonardo Reginatto (SS): 1 for 3 with 3 runs scored
- Pat Leonard (DH): 2 for 5 with a run scored
- Justin O’Conner (C): 2 for 5 with a double, homer, 3 RBI’s and a run scored
- Tyler Goeddel (3B): 1 for 5 with an RBI and a run scored
- Josh Sale (RF): 2 for 4 with a double, RBI and a run scored
- Jonathan Quinonez (1B): 3 for 4 with a double, home run, 2 RBI’s and 2 runs scored
- Granden Goetzman (LF): 2 for 4 with a double and a RBI
- Blake Snell: 4 runs on 6 hits with 5 strikeouts and 2 walks in 3 1/3 innings
- Marcus Jensen (Win, 4-4): 2 runs on 5 hits with 2 strikeouts and 3 walks in 3 2/3 innings
- Colton Reavis (Save, 2): 2 scoreless innings with 2 hits