The Stone Crabs dropped the series finale to the Fort Myers Miracle 10-5 on Sunday at Hammond Stadium.
The Stone Crabs jumped out to a lead in the first inning. Tommy Coyle went deep to lead off the game to put the Stone Crabs on the board. They added a run later in the inning as Tyler Goeddel singled home Justin O’Conner to give the Stone Crabs a 2-0 lead.
Fort Myers cut the lead in half in the bottom of the first. Adam Brett Walker drove home a run with an RBI single to pull the Miracle within a run of the lead.
The Stone Crabs lead held until the bottom of the fourth when the Miracle struck for five runs. Reinaldo Lopez got into trouble early, issuing two walks and a single to load the bases. By the time he got control of the inning, the Miracle had a 6-2 lead.
The Stone Crabs picked up two more runs in the fifth. Pat Leonard singled and O’Conner drew a walk to put runners aboard for Maxx Tissenabaum. Tissenbaum drove them home with a two run single to pull within two runs of the lead.
The Stone Crabs got into trouble again in the fifth. Two more walks and a hit loaded the bases once again. But this time only one of the runs managed to score as the Stone Crabs now trailed 7-4.
The Stone Crabs matched that run with a run of their own in the sixth. They loaded the bases with singles by Granden Goetzman, Julian Ridings and Leonardo Reginatto. Leonard hit into a force out, allowing Goetzman to score a run for the Stone Crabs and make it 7-5.
But the Miracle put the game out of reach in the eighth. Four hits, three of which were extra bases resulted in three runs. The Stone Crabs never recovered as they lost 10-5.
The Stone Crabs will have a day off on Monday before beginning a three game home series against Jupiter Hammerheads on Tuesday.
- Tommy Coyle (2B): 1 for 5 with a home run
- Leonardo Reginatto (SS): 2 for 5
- Pat Leonard (1B): 1 for 5 with an RBI and a run scored
- Justin O’Conner (DH): 1 for 4 with a double, walk and 2 runs scored
- Maxx Tissenbaum (C): 1 for 4 with 2 RBI’s
- Tyler Goeddel (3B): 1 for 4 with an RBI
- Josh Sale (RF): 0 for 4
- Granden Goetzman (LF): 1 for 4 with a run scored
- Julian Ridings (CF): 3 for 4 with a triple
- Reinaldo Lopez (Loss, 4-4): 7 runs on 7 hits with 2 strikeouts and 2 walks in 4 1/3 innings
- Casey Weathers: 2/3 scoreless innings with a hit, 3 walks and a strikeout
- Jose Molina: 2 shut-out innings with a hit, 2 walks and a strikeout
- Parker Markel: 3 runs on 4 hits in 2/3 inning
- Zach Cooper: 1/3 inning with a strikeout