The Stone Crabs jumped out to an early lead but a disastrous third inning lead to a 10-5 Stone Crabs defeat on Tuesday night at Tradition Field.
The Stone Crabs avoided an early deficit by taking an early lead in the first inning. Pat Leonard singled to right with two outs to get things going. He didn’t stay their long as Justin O’Conner brought him home with a triple to center. O’Conner then scored on a single by Kes Carter to give the Stone Crabs a 2-0 lead.
The Stone Crabs added to their lead an inning later. Jonathan Quinonez led off the frame with a single to center. Josh Sale drove him home with a double to right to increase the lead to 3-0.
The Mets bounced back in the bottom of the second to score two runs. Maikis De La Cruz and Yeixon Ruiz each drove home a run to pull within a run of the lead.
The Mets broke things open in the third inning. They sent 11 players to the plate, walking away with 7 run and a 9-3 lead.
St Lucie added another run in the fourth inning when Jairo Perez scored on a balk to make it 10-3.
O’Conner delivered a two run homer in the seventh but they could not recover from the large deficit and fell 10-5.
Blake Snell was charged with the loss.
The Stone Crabs and Mets are back at it on Wednesday for the final game of the series and the last game of the first half. Austin Pruitt (3-3, 4.52) will start the finale against Gabriel Ynoa (7-2, 4.08) for St Lucie.
- Tommy Coyle (2B): 1 for 4
- Leonardo Reginatto (SS): 0 for 4
- Pat Leonard (1B): 1 for 2 with a walk and 2 runs scored
- Justin O’Conner (C): 2 for 5 with a triple, home run, 3 RBI’s and 2 runs scored
- Kes Carter (CF): 2 for 5 with an RBI
- Tyler Goeddel (3B): 2 for 4
- Jonathan Quinonez (DH): 1 for 5 with a run scored
- Josh Sale (LF): 1 for 3 with a double
- Marty Gantt (PH-LF): 0 for 2
- Julian Ridings (RF): 1 for 4
- Blake Snell (Loss, 1-3): 7 runs on 7 hits with a strikeouts and 2 walks in 2 1/3 innings
- Bruedlin Suero: 3 runs on 5 hits with 2 strikeouts in 4 2/3 innings
- Marcus Jensen: 1 scoreless inning with 2 hits and 2 strikeouts