The Stone Crabs were shut-out by the Fort Myers Miracle 10-0 on Tuesday night at Hammond Stadium. Fort Myers starting pitcher Tim Shibuya absolutely dominated the night, holding a no-hitter through six innings.
The Miracle took the lead in the first inning. Stephen Wickens had an RBI triple to score Aderlin Mejia. Then Wickens scored on a sac fly by Adam Brett Walker to give the Miracle a 2-0 lead.
Fort Myers had a huge fifth inning to take a commanding lead. They sent thirteen hitters to the plate resulting in eight runs in the inning. The biggest came on a grand slam by Wickens. When things finally settled down, the Stone Crabs were looking up at a 10-0 deficit.
The Stone Crabs offense was held hitless until a single by Pat Leonard in the seventh inning broke up the no-hitter. But they could not break the shut-out as they Stone Crabs fell 2-0.
Blake Snell suffered the loss for the Stone Crabs. Shibuya was the winning pitcher for Fort Myers.
The series continues on Wednesday night at Hammond Stadium. Austin Pruitt (3-2, 4.30) will start for the Stone Crabs against Jose Berrios (5-2, 2.24) for Fort Myers.
- Tyler Goeddel (3B): 1 for 4 with a double
- Tommy Coyle (2B): 0 for 4
- Leonardo Reginatto (SS): 0 for 3
- Pat Leonard (DH): 1 for 4
- Justin O’Conner (C): 0 for 4
- Kes Carter (CF): 1 for 3
- Jonathan Quinonez (1B): 0 for 3
- Josh Sale (LF): 1 for 3
- Julian Ridings (RF): 0 for 3
- Blake Snell (Loss, 1-2): 3 earned runs on 2 hits with 4 walks and 3 strikeouts in 4 innings
- Luis Cabrera: 6 runs on 3 hits with 3 walks in 1/3 inning
- Jose Molina: 3 2/3 no-hit innings with a 4 strikeouts and a walk