The rehabbing duo of Jeremy Hellickson and Ryan Hanigan helped lift the Stone Crabs to a 4-1 win over the Tampa Yankees on Saturday night at Steinbrenner Field.
Hellickson got the rehab start for the Stone Crabs, pitching three shut-out innings in his first outing of his rehab assignment.
With Helly keeping the Yankees off the board, fellow Rays teammate Hanigan chipped in with a two run blast to give the Stone Crabs a 2-0 lead.
The Stone Crabs added to their lead in the fifth inning. This time it was Tommy Coyle going deep for the Crabs, a solo shot to increase the lead to 3-0.
The Stone Crabs scored again in the sixth. Kes Carter doubled to right and later scored on an RBI single by Tyler Goeddel to give them a 4-0 lead.
The Yankee scored their lone run of the night in the bottom of the sixth. Jake Cave reached on an error to lead off the inning. Reinaldo Lopez then walked the bases loaded. Lopez then issued a bases loaded walk to Matt Snyder to score Jake Cave and give the Yankees a run.
The Stone Crabs rallied to get an inning ending double play to end the scoring threat. They also managed to keep the Yankees off the scoreboard the remainder of the night enroute to a 4-1 win.
Lopez was the winning pitcher for the Stone Crabs and Kevin Brandt notched the save. Jaron Long was the losing pitcher for Tampa.
The Stone Crabs now head to Bradenton for the opening game of a quick two game series against the Bradenton Maruaders.
- Tommy Coyle (2B): 2 for 5 with a home run
- Ryan Hanigan (C): 1 for 4 with a two-run homer
- Jake DePew (C): defensive substitution
- Leonardo Reginatto (SS) 0 for 4
- Pat Leonard (1B): 0 for 3 with a walk
- Kes Carter (CF): 1 for 4 with a double
- Jonathan Quinonez (3B-LF): 1 for 4
- Josh Sale (DH): 0 for 4
- Marty Gantt (RF): drew a walk, left game with a head injury from a slide into second
- Tyler Goeddel (PH-3B): 2 for 3 with a double and an RBI
- Julian Ridings (LF-RF): 0 for 4
- Jeremy Hellickson: 3 scoreless innings with 2 hits, 2 strikeouts and a walk
- Reinaldo Lopez (Win, 4-2): 1 unearned run with 3 hits and 4 walks in 5 innins
- Kevin Brandt (Save, 3): 1 shut-out inning