The Stone Crabs pattern of walk-off wins comes to an end as they were shut-out by the Brevard County Manatees in game two of Monday’s doubleheader at Charlotte Sports Park. The offense struggled to get anything going, producing just three hits in the game.
The Manatees broke the scoreless tie in the third inning. Orlando Arcia tripled to right. He then scored on a single by Tyrone Taylor to give them a 1-0 lead.
The Manatees added to their lead in the fourth inning. Alfredo Rodriguez doubled to left. Rodriguez later scored on a sac fly by Parker Berberet to increase their lead to 2-0.
Brevard County capitalized on reliever Nick Sawyer’s command issues in the sixth inning. Sawyer walked the bases loaded then issued a bases loaded free pass to Jose Sermo to score Rodriguez.
The Stone Crabs offense failed to produce any runs the remainder of the evening as they fell 3-0.
Marcus Jensen was charged with the loss. Hobbs Johnson was the winning pitcher and Mark Williams got the save for Brevard County.
The Stone Crabs conclude the series and the homestand on Tuesday night. Bruedlin Suero (3-2, 3.97) will take the mound for the Stone Crabs against Tyler Wagner (4-3, 1.94) for Brevard County.
- Tommy Coyle (2B): 1 for 3
- Leonardo Reginatto (SS): 0 for 3
- Pat Leonard (1B): 0 for 3
- Justin O’Conner (DH): 0 for 3
- Kes Carter (CF): 1 for 3
- Jake DePew (C): 1 for 3
- Marty Gantt (RF): 0 for 2
- Julian Ridings (LF): 0 for 2
- Jonathan Quinonez (3B): 0 for 2
- Marcus Jensen (Loss, 2-3): 2 runs on 7 hits with 3 strikeouts in 4 innings
- Nick Sawyer: 1 run on 8 walks with a strikeout in 2 2/3 innings
- Jose Molina: 1/3 scorless inning