The Stone Crabs used home field advantage to earn a bottom of the ninth 3-2 walk-off win against the Brevard County Manatees on Saturday night at Charlotte Sports Park. The win snapped the four game losing skid the Stone Crabs were on.
The Stone Crabs jumped out to an early lead by scoring in the third inning. Marty Gantt drew a walk. He later scored on an RBI single by Tommy Coyle to give the Stone Crabs a 1-0 lead.
The Stone Crabs added a run in the fourth inning on a lead-off homer by Pat Leonard to increase their lead to 2-0.
The Manatees scored their first run in the top of the sixth. Nick Delmonico scored on a passed ball to cut the lead in half.
The Manatees would score again in the seventh to tie the game. Nathan Orf doubled home Mike Garza to tie the game 2-2.
The Stone Crabs would wait until the bottom of the ninth to score again. They loaded the bases by a single by Kes Carter, a walk by Josh Sale and a single by Gantt. With the bases juices and just one out, Jonathan Quinonez single to center, scoring Carter and winning the game for the Stone Crabs.
Ryan Garton was the winning pitcher for the Stone Crabs, improving to 4-0 on the year. Chad Pierce was the losing pitcher for Brevard County.
The series continues on Sunday at Charlotte Sports Park. Reinaldo Lopez (3-2, 3.98) will get the ball for the Stone Crabs opposite Jorge Lopez (6-2, 3.17) for Brevard County.
- Tommy Coyle (2B): 2 for 3 with an RBI
- Leonardo Reginatto (SS): 0 for 4
- Pat Leonard (1B): 1 for 3 with a solo homer
- Justin O’Conner (C): 0 for 4
- Kes Carter (CF): 1 for 4 with a run scored
- Jake DePew (DH): 0 for 3
- Josh Sale (LF): 1 for 3
- Marty Gantt (RF): 1 for 2 with 2 walks and a run scored
- Jonathan Quinonez (3B): 1 for 4 with an RBI
- Austin Pruitt: 1 unearned run on 5 hits with 5 strikeouts in 6 innings
- Parker Markel: 1 unearned run on 2 hits with a strikeout in 2 innings
- Ryan Garton (Win, 4-0): 1 no-hit inning with a strikeout