The Stone Crabs continue to struggle against the league leading Dunedin Blue Jays as they were shut-out 7-0 on Thursday night at Charlotte Sports Park.
Dunedin broke the scoreless tie by scoring in the third inning. Marcus Knecht doubled home Dwight Smith to give the Blue Jays a 1-0 lead.
The Blue Jays pushed across six more runs in the top of the fifth inning. Aided by four hits, 3 walks and error and several wild pitches, Dunedin batted around in the inning and when the dust settled, they had a 7-0 lead.
The Stone Crabs could not recover and they fell 7-0.
Blake Snell was charged with the loss in his Stone Crabs debut. Taylor Cole was the winning pitcher for Dunedin.
The series concludes on Friday night at Charlotte Sports Park. Austin Pruitt will start the finale against Ben White.
- Tommy Coyle (2B): 1 for 4
- Leonardo Reginatto (SS): 1 for 4
- Maxx Tissenbaum (C): 0 for 3
- Tyler Goeddel (3B): 0 for 2
- Pat Leonard (1B): defensive substitution in the eighth
- Josh Sale (LF): 0 for 3
- Hector Guevara (DH): 0 for 3
- Kes Carter (CF): 1 for 3
- Marty Gantt (RF): 0 for 3
- Jonathan Quinonez (1B-3B): 0 for 3
- Blake Snell (Loss, 0-1): 2 earned runs on 6 hits with 3 strikeouts and 1 walk in 4 innings
- Jose Molina: 2 runs on 3 hits with 2 strikeouts and 4 walks in 3 innings
- Kevin Brandt: 2 scoreless frames with a hit and a strikeout