The Stone Crabs swept the Jupiter Hammerheads following a 4-1 victory in game two of Saturday’s doubleheader. The Stone Crabs are the hottest team in the FSL right now winning 8 out the last 10 games.
The Stone Crabs jumped out to the lead in the second inning. Tyler Goeddel doubled to center to put a runner in scoring position. Goeddel then stole third and scored on a throwing error on the play to give the Stone Crabs a 1-0 lead.
The Hammerheads tied the game in the third. Noah Perio doubled to left to lead off the inning. He would later score on an error to tie the game 1-1.
The Stone Crabs took the lead again in the fifth inning. Kes Carter opened the frame with a walk. Maxx Tissenbaum singled to move Carter to third. Carter then scored on a single by Johnathan Quinonez. Then they loaded the bases after Marty Gantt was hit by a pitch. Tissenbaum and Quinonez later scored on a ground ball by Andrew Toles to give the Stone Crabs a 4-1 lead.
Marcus Jensen came on to throw 1 1/3 no-hit innings to guide the Stone Crabs to their fifth straight victory with a 4-1 win.
Bruedlin Suero picked up his second win of the season. Jensen earned the save. Casey McCarth was the losing pitcher for Jupiter.
The Stone Crabs take their five game winning streak into a three game series against the St Lucie Mets at Charlotte Sports Park. May the Fourth Be With the Stone Crabs as they open the series with Star Wars Day on Sunday.
- Andrew Toles (CF): 0 for 3 with an RBI
- Leonardo Reginatto (SS): 0 for 3
- Tommy Coyle (2B): 0 for 3
- Pat Leonard (DH): 0 for 3
- Tyler Goeddel (3B): 1 for 3 with a double and a run scored
- Kes Carter (RF): 1 for 2 with a walk and a run scored
- Maxx Tissenbaum (C): 2 for 2 with a run scored
- Jonathan Quinonez (1B): 1 for 2 with an RBI and a run scored
- Marty Gantt (LF): 0 for 1
- Bruedlin Suero (Win, 2-1): 1 run on 4 hits in 5 2/3 innings
- Marcus Jensen (Save, 2): 1 1/3 no-hit inning with a walk