The Stone Crabs concluded the 2013 regular season with a road win against the Palm Beach Cardinals on Sunday morning at Roger Dean Stadium. The Stone Crabs overcame an early deficit to end the season with a win and head to the postseason with momentum.
Palm Beach broke the scoreless tie by scoring in the seventh inning. Alex Mejia struck an RBI double to give them a 1-0 lead.
But the Stone Crabs answered big in the eighth inning. Palm Beach native, Taylor Motter went deep in front of his family and friends for a three run homer to give the Stone Crabs a 3-0 lead.
Palm Beach tried to stage a bottom of the ninth rally, loading the bases. They managed one run but Nate Garcia came on from the bullpen to shut-down the rally and ensure the victory.
It was a big day for Stone Crabs pitching as Grayson Garvin pitched 4 no-hit innings and Lenny Linsky and Jake Partridge each had a no-hit frame.
Shay Crawford picked up the win, his fourth of the season. Garcia earned the save, his thirteenth.
The Stone Crabs will enjoy a day off for Labor Day before beginning their post season run. They will open the three game Semi-Final Series on Tuesday at home against the Fort Myers Miracle.
- Willie Argo (LF): 1 for 2
- Taylor Motter (LF): 2 for 2 with a 3 run homer
- Jake Hager (SS): 0 for 4
- Drew Vettleson (RF): 0 for 4
- Richie Shaffer (3B): 0 for 4
- Jeff Malm (DH): 0 for 4
- Alejandro Segovia (1B): 0 for 3
- Kes Carter (CF): 0 for 2 with a walk and a run scored
- Luke Bailey (C): 0 for 3
- Jonathan Quinonez (2B): 1 for 2
- Hector Guevara (PH-2B): 1 for 1 with a run scored
- Grayson Garvin: 4 no-hit innings with 2 strikeouts and 2 walks
- Lenny Linsky: 1 no-hit inning with a walk
- Jake Partridge: 1 perfect inning
- Shay Crawford (Win, 4-3): 1 run on 2 hits in an inning pitched
- Luis Cabrera (Hold, 1): 1 run on 2 hits with 3 walks and a strikeout in 1 2/3 innings
- Nate Garcia (Save, 13): recorded final out of the game