The Stone Crabs were swept by the St Lucie Mets following a 2-1 extra innings loss on Wednesday night at Tradition Field.
The Stone Crabs jumped out to a 1-0 lead by scoring in the first inning. Willie Argo continued his hot streak by doubling to left to lead off the game. Argo later scored on a ground ball by Drew Vettleson to give the Stone Crabs a 1-0 lead.
St Lucie tied the game in the fifth inning. Kyle Johnson scored on an error to tie the game 1-1.
The Mets threatened in the sixth, putting a runner on third but a great play and throw by Taylor Motter gunned down the go ahead run at the plate to keep the game tied.
The game would remain tied until the bottom of the tenth inning Rylan Sandoval drove home Cam Maron to send the Stone Crabs home with a 2-1 loss.
Matt Ramsey was charged with the loss for the Stone Crabs.
The Stone Crabs return home to Charlotte Sports Park for their final series of the regular season, a four game set against the Palm Beach Cardinals.
- Willie Argo (LF): 1 for 4 with a double and a run scored
- Jake Hager (SS): 0 for 3
- Drew Vettleson (RF): 0 for 3 with an RBI
- Richie Shaffer (3B): 1 for 4
- Jeff Malm (1B): 0 for 4
- Alejandro Segovia (DH): 0 for 4
- Kes Carter (CF): 0 for 3
- Luke Bailey (C): 1 for 4
- Taylor Motter (2B): 0 for 3
- Jake Partridge: 1 unearned run on 4 hits with 3 strikeouts and 3 walks in 4 innings
- Lenny Linsky: 3 2/3 scoreless innings with a hit and 4 strikeouts
- Shay Crawford: 1/3 no-hit inning
- Matt Ramsey (Loss, 1-1): 1 run on 2 hits with 2 strikeouts and a walk in 1 2/3 innings