Rain halted yet another Stone Crabs game on Saturday evening as they took on the Jupiter Hammerheads. Four and a half innings was all it took to give Felipe Rivero his ninth win of the season, and he was backed up enough by his offense as Charlotte strode to a 3-0 victory.
The Stone Crabs plated their runs in the second and third innings. Jeff Malm belted his 13th homerun of the season to put the team on the board. A frame later, Drew Vettleson and Richie Shaffer supplemented with RBIs of their own, completing the game’s scoring. Hammerheads’ starter Angel Sanchez would take the loss (3-3).
Felipe Rivero worked a complete game for the squad. The southpaw allowed only four hits in five innings to extend his scoreless streak to 11 innings, walking one and striking out three. He improved to 9-7 at the end of the night.
The Stone Crabs wrap up the home series with the Hammerheads on Sunday. Game is scheduled for 5:30 with Dylan Floro slated for the start.
- Willie Argo (LF): 1 for 2 with a double and a run scored
- Hector Guevara (SS): 1 for 2
- Drew Vettleson (RF): 1 for 2 with an RBI and a run scored
- Richie Shaffer (3B): 2 for 2 with a double and an RBI
- Alejandro Segovia (1B): 0 for 2
- Jeff Malm (DH): 1 for 1 with a solo homerun, a walk, an RBI, and a run scored
- Jonathan Quinonez (2B): 0 for 2
- Jake DePew (C): 0 for 2
- Kes Carter (CF): 0 for 2
- Felipe Rivero (W, 9-7): 5 scoreless innings with 4 hits, a walk, and 3 strikeouts