A tumultuous Florida storm blew through Charlotte Sports Park and shortened the match against the Palm Beach Cardinals to six innings. Sunday night’s game was characterized once again by solid pitching on both ends, with Dylan Floro headlining by throwing another complete game shutout. The Stone Crabs edged out over Palm Beach 2-0.
Dylan Floro put up yet another distinctive performance, completing six innings in only 63 pitches. The sole blemishes on Floro’s line were three hits acquired by Nick Longmire, Alex Mejia, and Patrick Wisdom. Floro otherwise struck out three, and went on to earn his second win (2-0) and second complete game in as many starts with the Stone Crabs.
Charlotte kept quiet until the fifth inning. Jonathan Quinonez smacked a two-out double to left field off Hector Hernandez. Rehabbing Tampa Bay Ray Desmond Jennings then reached on a throwing error by second baseman Jake Wilson, which also allowed Quinonez to score. Drew Vettleson earned an RBI by singling home Jennings, therefore securing the loss for Hernandez (3-2).
The Stone Crabs enjoy a day off on Monday, followed by a home-and-home series with Fort Myers starting at Hammond Stadium. Start time is scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
- Desmond Jennings (CF): 1 for 3 with a run scored
- Kes Carter (CF): 0 for 0
- Jake Hager (SS): 0 for 2 with a walk
- Drew Vettleson (RF): 1 for 3 with an RBI
- Alejandro Segovia (DH): 2 for 3 with a double
- Willie Argo (LF): 1 for 3 with a double
- Jeff Malm (1B): 0 for 3
- Hector Guevara (2B): 0 for 3
- Jake DePew (C): 0 for 3
- Jonathan Quinonez (3B): 2 for 2 with 2 doubles and a run scored
- Dylan Floro (W, 2-0): 6 scoreless innings with 3 hits and 3 strikeouts