Determined to not let Mother Nature steal the show, the Stone Crabs and Fort Myers faced off at a soggy Hammond Stadium. But when play started, it was the Stone Crabs who fought their way to a 3-1 victory of their South Division rival.
After the hour and a half rain delay, the Stone Crabs wasted no time in taking the lead in the first frame. Willie Argo led off the game with a single to right. He then stole second and later moved to third on a single by Jake Hager. Jeff Malm then drew a walk to load the bases. Alejandro Segovia worked a bases loaded walk to score Argo and give the Stone Crabs a 1-0 lead.
The Stone Crabs added to their lead in the sixth inning. Segovia and Jake DePew reached safely with singles. Then Kes Carter drove home both of them with a triple to center to increase the lead to 3-1.
The Miracle scored their lone run in the bottom of the sixth inning. A sac fly by Adelin Mejia scored Levi Michael to help the Miracle avoid the shut-out.
The Stone Crabs held on for the 3-1 victory. Jake Partridge was the winning pitcher for the Stone Crabs while Nate Garcia picked up the save. Manuel Soliman was the losing pitcher for Fort Myers.
The series concludes Friday night at Hammond Stadium.
- Willie Argo (LF): 3 for 5 with a run scored
- Jake Hager (SS): 2 for 4 with a walk
- Drew Vettleson (RF): 0 for 4 with a walk
- Richie Shaffer (3B): 0 for 5
- Jeff Malm (1B): 0 for 3 with a walk
- Alejandro Segovia (DH): 1 for 2 with an RBI, run scored and 2 walks
- Hector Guevara (2B): 0 for 4
- Jake DePew (2B): 2 for 4 with a run scored
- Kes Carter (CF): 1 for 4 with a triple and 2 RBI’s
- Lenny Linsky: 4 scoreless innings with 2 hits, 3 strikeouts and a walk
- Jake Partridge (Win, 2-4): 1 no-hit inning with 2 strikeouts
- Shay Crawford (Hold, 6): 1 unearned run on 3 hits with a walk and 2 strikeouts
- Nate Garcia (Save, 9): 2 scoreless innings with a hit and a strikeout