A late-inning comeback ensued on Saturday night’s match against the Brevard County Manatees at Charlotte Sports Park. The Stone Crabs recovered from a 2-0 deficit when the Manatees made the would-be fatal mistake of removing their unhittable starter Tyler Cravy, who had limited them to three hits up to that point. Charlotte rebounded with three runs and cruises thereafter to a 3-2 victory.
The comeback commenced with a leadoff double by Jeff Malm off Taylor Mangum, who would score on a Kes Carter triple an out later. Carter finished the evening with a strong 2-for-3 performance, and rounded home himself as Luke Bailey smacked a single to left field. Jake Hager received his first hit of the night in a big way with an RBI to plate Bailey, securing Charlotte’s lead. Mangum would later take the loss (0-1), having been responsible for the trio of runs.
Rehabbing Ray Alex Cobb took the mound to start. Cobb managed his scheduled four innings and surrendered one earned run on three hits, striking out three in the process. The right hander exited the game to a robust applause from the audience.
Jake Partridge pitched thereafter and displayed some of his best stuff this season. Partridge went four and a third and allowed a homerun to Yadiel Rivera in the sixth, but otherwise shut down the Manatees and consequently lowered his era to 4.52. After Nate Garcia took care of the final two batters in the ninth for his eighth save, Partridge earned his first win (1-4).
Charlotte eyes a third win in the Brevard County series Sunday evening by sending Felipe Rivero on the mound for the start. Game starts at 5:30.
- Willie Argo (LF): 0 for 4
- Jake Hager (SS): 1 for 4 with an RBI
- Drew Vettleson (RF): 0 for 3 with a walk
- Richie Shaffer (3B): 1 for 4
- Jeff Malm (1B): 2 for 4 with a double and a run scored
- Alejandro Segovia (DH): 0 for 4
- Kes Carter (CF): 2 for 3 with an RBI triple and a run scored
- Luke Bailey (C): 1 for 2 with a walk, an RBI, and a run scored
- Jonathan Quinonez (2B): 1 for 3
- Alex Cobb: an earned run off 3 hits, 2 walks, and 3 strikeouts in 4 innings
- Jake Partridge (W, 1-4): an earned run (HR) off 3 hits, a walk, and 3 strikeouts in 4.1 innings
- Nate Garcia (S, 8): a walk over .2 innings