The Stone Crabs were shut-out by the St Lucie Mets 3-0 in the first game of a three game series on Monday night at Tradition Field.
The Stone Crabs picked up the first hit on the evening on a single by Jeff Malm in the third inning.
Both starting pitchers dueled through four scoreless innings before the Met broke through and scored three runs in the bottom of the fifth. Cam Maron and Albert Cordero each had an RBI double and Matt den Dekker drove home a run to give the Mets a 3-0 lead.
Shay Crawford pitched 2 2/3 scoreless innings and Bruedlin Suero came of the DL to throw a scoreless frame to keep the game from getting out of hand. But the Stone Crabs were unable to avoid the shut-out as they were held scoreless the remainder of the evening.
Roberto Gomez suffered the loss for the Stone Crabs. Matt Bowman was the winner for St Lucie and TJ Chism got the save.
The series continues on Tuesday night at Tradition Field. Parker Markel will be on the hill for the Stone Crabs against Alex Panteliodis for St Lucie.
- Taylor Motter (SS): 0 for 4
- Kes Carter (CF): 1 for 4
- Drew Vettleson (RF): 2 for 4
- Richie Shaffer (3B): 0 for 3
- Hector Guevara (2B): 0 for 4
- Alejandro Segovia (DH): 1 for 3
- Jeff Malm (1B): 2 for 4
- Luke Bailey (C): 0 for 3
- Willie Argo (LF): 0 for 3
- Roberto Gomez: 3 runs on 5 hits with 2 strikeouts and a walk
- Shay Crawford: 2 2/3 scoreless innings with 2 strikeouts
- Bruedlin Suero: 1 scoreless inning with a walk and 2 strikeouts