The Stone Crabs were outmatched offensively in the series opener with the Dunedin Blue Jays on Monday night at Florida Auto Exchange Stadium. The Stone Crabs were outhit by the D-Jays in the 3-0 shut-out loss.
Dunedin broke the scoreless tie by scoring in the fourth inning KC Hobson doubled to right and later scored on an RBI singly by Shane Opitz to give them a 1-0 lead.
The Blue Jays added two more runs an inning later. Gabe Jacobo plated a run and Hobson had an RBI double to increase the lead to 3-0.
The Stone Crabs tried to rally in the top of the ninth. They loaded the bases but failed to get the runners home as they fell 3-0.
Jesse Hahn suffered the loss for the Stone Crabs.
The series continues on Tuesday night. Roberto Gomez will start for the Stone Crabs against Jesse Hernandez for Dunedin.
- Ryan Brett (2B): 2 for 5 with a double
- Jake Hager (SS): 1 for 5
- Drew Vettleson (RF): 0 for 3 with a walk
- Richie Shaffer (3B): 0 for 4
- Willie Argo (LF): 0 for 2 with 2 walks
- Hector Guevara (DH): 1 for 3
- Jeff Malm (1B): 1 for 4
- Jake DePew (C): 1 for 3
- Taylor Motter (CF): 1 for 4
- Jesse Hahn (Loss, 0-1): 1 unearned run on 6 hits with 3 strikeouts and a walk in 4 innings
- Kevin Brandt: 2 runs on 7 hits with 2 walks in 4 innings