The Miracle curse is finally over as the Stone Crabs beat the Fort Myers Miracle 2-0 on Sunday evening at Charlotte Sports Park. Over a 1,200 fans and even some four legged fans were on hand to witness the Stone Crabs get their first win of the season against Fort Myers after eight straight losses to them.
For the first time in the series, the Stone Crabs scored first in the first inning. Ryan Brett led off the inning with a single to third. Brett then stole second and later scored on an RBI single by Richie Shaffer to give the Stone Crabs a 1-0 lead.
The Stone Crabs added an insurance run in the sixth inning. Willie Argo singled to get things going. Argo then moved into scoring position after stealing second base. Argo would later steal third and score on an RBI single by Hector Guevara to give the Stone Crabs a 2-0 lead.
The Stone Crabs pitching staff did their part to ensure the 2-0 lead would be enough to win. Felipe Rivero earned the win and Lenny Linsky the save.
The Stone Crabs will open up a series against the Clearwater Threshers on Monday night at Charlotte Sports Park. Jesse Hahn will start the opener for the Stone Crabs.
- Ryan Brett (2B): 1 for 4 with a run scored and a stolen base
- Kes Carter (CF): 0 for 3 with a walk
- Willie Argo (RF): 1 for 4 with a run scored and 2 stolen bases
- Richie Shaffer (3B): 2 for 4
- Alejandro Segovia (1B): 0 for 3
- Hector Guevara (SS): 1 for 4 with an RBI
- Jeff Malm (DH): 0 for 3
- Ryan McChesney (C): 0 for 2 with a walk
- Taylor Motter (LF): 1 for 3
- Felipe Rivero (Win, 3-3): 5 2/3 scoreless innings with 4 strikeouts and 3 walks
- Jacob Partriges (Hold, 3): 1 1/3 no-hit innings with 2 walks
- Lenny Linsky (Save, 4): 2 scoreless innings with 2 hits, a walk and a strikeout